Rattan has a natural beauty that makes every room more interesting. From hand-bent frames to texture-rich weaves like cane and wicker, all of our rattan pieces are made completely by hand using time-honoured techniques.
- Small, grass-like strands may protrude from the rattan weaves. Do not pull on them as doing so may damage the rattan peel. Instead, carefully trim the loose fibres with scissors.
- Cracking may occur if left in direct sunlight or a dry environment. To prevent this, moisten the rattan every month using a damp white cotton cloth and let dry naturally.
- As rattan ages, it will take on a more muted shade for that lived-in look we love. To preserve its beauty, use it indoors and avoid exposure to the sun.
- To protect the seats and backs on cane and wicker furniture, avoid putting undue stress (like standing or kneeling) on the rattan weave.
- Our rattan poles and weaves have a clear lacquer finish for added durability.
- Keep your rattan products away from direct sunlight for a prolonged period of time to avoid the colours from fading.
- Keep your rattan products indoors and limit exposure to rain, and keep it sheltered from extreme elements.
- Gently wipe down our products with a moist cloth to remove dust or spill. Let it dry for a couple of hours under natural sunlight if it is dampened.
- Use a soft brush to clean woven rattan and avoid the use of abrasive cleaning agents.
- Blot spills immediately with a damp cloth. Do not rub the soiled area. Gently dab and blot instead, allowing remaining moisture to dry naturally. Rubbing can cause abrasions, permanently damaging the rattan.
- For harder to remove stains, use a soft brush and mild soapy water and rinse well. Then let it dry naturally. Avoid the use of cleaners and abrasives, as these will damage the rattan.
- For dusting, vacuum the rattan weaves periodically using a soft brush attachment or comb the surface with a soft bristle brush. This can help dislodge and remove some of the debris left behind in-between the weaves. Dust rattan poles with a soft cloth.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.